location 35 Cedar Pointe Drive, Unit 35-36, Barrie, ON, L4N 5R7
phone (705) 733-0141
DEL.FIT Strength & Wellness Logo
Book Today!

I'm injured, I can't...


As an active individual, you often identify with your sport. You are a runner, a hockey player, a weight lifter or a soccer player. So when an injury takes you away from that sport, life as you know it changes completely. Day-to-day tasks that were once easy are now challenging, your schedule changes because everything takes longer, you experience pain that isnít normal, and your mind-set is different because you donít have your stress-relief outlet. You begin to go stir-crazy and start feeling more aches and pains that do not even feel related to your injury. An injury affects your entire world, but the truth is, it doesnít have to.

When an injury occurs, it initially only affects approximately 10% of our body. So what happens to the other 90%?

Often when an athlete is injured, they focus solely on the injury and forget that the other 90% of their body is healthy and in fine working condition. Just because your knee, elbow or shoulder is restricted, does not mean that all of your other joints are too. It is important

to use the other 90% to maintain fitness levels, decrease stress and assist the rehabilitation process.

Of course itís not always this black and white, each scenario is specific to the individual. It is important to find a healthcare professional that can assess, design and implement a treatment program that is tailored to the personís specific needs. Keeping this active recovery philosophy in mind, an individualized program incorporates both hands on treatment and specialized exercises to allow each person to rehabilitate his or her injury without neglecting the other 90% of their healthy body. This treatment style ensures you stay fit and get back to your activity or sport sooner than later.

So the next time you have an injury, ask your healthcare professional how you can continue training that 90% while healing the injured 10%.


Weight Lifting

© DEL.FIT Strength & Wellness | Website by mediasuite.ca